Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Ape Who Guards the Balance


The Ape Who Guards the Balance

Elizabeth Peters



This is part of the wonderful Amelia Peabody series. There are approximately 19 books in the series. Last summer, which I christened "The Summer of Amelia Peabody", I read through the first nine. It was such fun that I decided to read the remaining books in the series during this, my "Second Summer of Amelia Peabody".

As I resumed the series, I was not disappointed. It is now "the season" of 1907. Independently-minded Amelia and her equally unorthodox family are off once again to Egypt. Amelia and her husband Emerson are disappointed that they've only been given permission to dig a minor tomb in The Valley of the Kings.

Of course, being the Emersons, it isn't long before they are distracted from their boredom by criminals, nefarious plots, and danger.

The Second Summer of Amelia Peabody was off and running with a terrific start!

No comments:

Post a Comment