Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Playdate With Death


A Playdate With Death

Ayelet Waldman



In the third book of the Mommy-Track series, former defense attorney and stay-at-home mom Juliet Applebaum arrives at her L.a. gym to find that her personal trainer and friend has been found dead of an apparently self-inflicted gun-shot wound. Juliet has her doubts that upbeat Bobby would have committed suicide, and when his fiancé also expresses doubts, Julist launches her own personal investigation into his death.

These books are both entertaining and interesting. Juliet Applebaum is such a fun, relatable character, and there always seems to be an interesting facet to the mystery: in this case adoption plays a key role.

I definitely enjoy these and will read more of them in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on this read. I have one of Ayelet Waldman's books in my ginormous tbr pile called "Death Gets S Time Out". Perhaps I should bump this up on my reading list now that I am pulling out of my reading slump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this author. I'll put her on my list for this year.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete