Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Face of a Stranger


The Face of a Stranger

Anne Perry



This is the first book in the William Monk series. Monk, a policeman in Victorian London, has been in a terrible accident. which left him severely injured, and without any memory of his past.

As he slowly begins to piece bits of his life and small bits of his memory back together, he is handed a case that requires him to move among the gentry with extreme delicacy.

As the case unfolds, he uncovers some shocking clues to his own past - clues which could well end his future.

I enjoyed this book immensely. Monk seems to me to be one of the most complex sleuths since Sherlock Holmes.

I've read some of Anne Perry's other series, the Thomas and Charlotte Pitt novels, which I also enjoyed, and I've read several of her Christmas books, which I love, but this is the most well-crafted of them all. I'm glad that there are umpteen more books in this series. I intend to eventually read them all. I hope they are all so strong.

*This book is also the first in my William Monk First Three Novels omnibus edition. I am only reviewing the first right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment