Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The End of the Alphabet


The End of the Alphabet

C.S. Richardson



This is a very bittersweet story about a man who discovers that he has only 30 days left to live, and who decides to use that time to travel the world with his wife, visiting places in alphabetical order.

The love story between Ambrose Zephyr and his wife, Zipper, was very sweet and tender. For me, the travel portion was a bit of a disappointment. I'm a bit of an arm-chair traveler, so I'd hoped for more.

Overall, it was a gentle, little book that, at only 119 pages, was worth reading.

1 comment:

  1. The title of this book caught my attention!! The story sounds sad. I'm currently reading Sarah's Key & find myself tearing up in parts. Sad books can be really heart wrenching.

    I am an arm chair traveler too as I haven't ventured much outside the USA with the exception of Victoria & Vancouver, BC. I'd be hoping for some stories of there travels too.

    ReplyDelete