Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hamlet


Hamlet

William Shakespeare



This is probably the most famous play in the world. It is so well-known that I don't think I need to outline the plot.

I can see why this play, and Shakespeare, have wowed audiences and readers through the ages.

I find my reactions to the bard's work quite interesting. I don't know if I've gained in literary maturity, or if his writing is so uneven. In either case, while I've certainly enjoyed his works in the past, it isn't until I read Richard III recently that I understood why Shakespeare has been considered so great, so far above any other playwright since his time. I've certianly enjoyed his work, previously, but I had thought him slightly over-rated. Now I know that I was so wrong!

In any case, I'm now a confirmed fan of The Bard, and look forward to reading more of his work!

1 comment:

  1. I like Shakepeare as well although I can't say I've read all of his plays. Last summer my husband and I stayed at a B&B is Ashland, OR and attended the annual Shakspeare Festival there. We saw three plays and what a blast they were to see!

    ReplyDelete